Map 2018

Maps, flags, and national information. OOC national development
Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 am

Please see this post for the current Map.

I've decided to create a new thread because there was so much requests made and changed and lost in the other one, this is easier for me to keep track.

Please post your requests for inclusion in this thread.

Laeral
Delegate

Map 2018

Post by Laeral » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am

My requested space on the previous map, determined by Bears Armed, was South Antrium, Fonzoland, a Southern area of Antrium, and the province of Tomar in Domnomia. My puppet, High Fells, takes up the states of Veo and Norato in Antrium.

Swuvania
Mute

Map 2018

Post by Swuvania » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:39 am

Sanctaria wrote:This is the current Map.

I've decided to create a new thread because there was so much requests made and changed and lost in the other one, this is easier for me to keep track.

Please post your requests for inclusion in this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------

May i become apart of the regional map please?

Lauchenoiria
Global Moderator

Map 2018

Post by Lauchenoiria » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:06 pm

As mentioned in the other thread, I would like the space where the Texian Empire was, if I can add two islands. If not, I will rethink.

Bears Armed
Global Moderator

Map 2018

Post by Bears Armed » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Bears Armed
The 'Mainland' section of this nation, including its Marches and with the attached 'Wilderness Protectorate' (including the 'Hazardous' Wastes', which don't really need to be shown in a different shade on the regional map as was previously the case), is almost unchanged. It has, however, annexed [into the Marches] two small sections of the former nation of Keeslandia i.e. [1] the triangle where the two rivers that originally formed most of Bears Armed [Mainland]'s northern border flowed for a relatively short distance into Keelsandian territory before meeting, and [2] an even smaller area - not far east of that first one, and probably just a couple of pixels - where the river looped northwards and the border previously ran along the base of that loop. Thus, its border now runs completely along the rivers.
The 'Unknown Lands' to the east of this are also a part of my RP, and their boundaries should therefore be left unchanged if that's possible: Apart from anything else, keeping them 'inaccessible' (due to a remnant of the same [magical?] force-fields which kept Bears Armed itself more-or-less sealed off from the outside world until [OOC, I created the nation in] 2006AD ...) means that none of the other nations adjoining them can send expeditions through that way into the Wilderlands and accidentally trigger any incidents involving the [monstrous] inhabitants of the Hazardous Wastes?
For the The Ursine Northlands, however, please see my maps on Imgur. The presence of all those added islands and the north-eastern peninsula was agreed-to by Dommonia, although he didn't get around to modifying the regional map itself to show them before he CTEd, and the [OOC] exchange of lands with the nation to my south was agreed with the player behind Frontenax back when they were still active.

(The above claims also include all of the assorted small areas belonging to one or another of Bears Armed Mission, Flying Armed Bears, Raven Mail, and Brocken Brackh.)

Roumberre
As currently shown, sandwiched between Bears Armed [Mainland] and Mikitivity.

Old Ceorana
As currently shown, basically. 'Kelvin Island', the large island to its west, was probably a part of it at one stage - or perhaps even a separate state under the Bears' protection (after I'd answered the 'Request for Military Aid' issue for a second time) - after the original nation of Ceorana collapsed, but I won't try to insist on that if anybody else wants to claim it now instead.

Philosophical Pandas
As claimed a while back, basically the area around the lake in south-western Gerainia and the watersheds of the rivers that feed this; possibly could also include a relatively-narrow extension downstream to the continent's southern coast, giving the Pandas a sea-port of the river's mouth, if that doesn't clash with anybody else's wishes.

LionsAndTigersAndBears
This nation probably isn?t on our main map, it's over on another - and slightly more 'tropical' - continent instead.

Defaultdom
Although this isn't really a nation IC, just an abstract concept for the basis of comparing stats, I did place a claim on its behalf in the old thread in order to reserve a suitable habitat for a selection of species that I wanted to include in the nation's flora & fauna. (These are surviving remnants of the 'Old IDU' tropical ecosystem, dating back to the Eocene epoch, that is now extinct everywhere else in the region except in parts of Malabra due to a combination of continental drift northwards & global cooling: Tree-ferns, Cycads, air-breathing 'Reedfish', fish-eating Champsosaurs, non-'Opossum' Marsupials, lemur-like Plesiadapiform placental mammals, Amynododnts [hornless Rhinos but with more of a Hippopotamus-like lifestyle], Tapirs, and so on...). This, unless other people's claims absolutely require otherwise, would take up either the former nation of Disjunction or - preferably - the eastern half [or so] of that area plus parts of the lands stretching north-eastwards from there towards the straits that separate Gnejs from our southern continent.

:bear:
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grosseschnauzer
Global Moderator

Map 2018

Post by Grosseschnauzer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:40 am

Since I am relying on the map as posted in the opening post, the nations of the schnauzerlands federation, which are as follows:
These include:
The Democratic Federation of Grosseschnauzer (The WA member nation for the schnauzerlands federation)
The Republic of A Schnauzer
The Dominion of All Schnauzers
The Community of Any Schnauzer
The Free Land of Any Schnauzers
The National Township of Edelweissstadt
The Democratic Federation of Kinderliebstadt
The National Township of Mittelschnauzer
The Democratic Federation of Neu Grosseschnauzer
The Democratic Federation of Schnauzer Homelands
The Democratic Federation of Schnauzer States
The Free Land of Schnauzers
The Principality of The Schnauzer
The Commonwealth of The Schnauzerlands
The Universal Dominion of The Schnauzers
The National Township of Zwergschnauzer
The Democratic Federation of Purple Schnauzers
The National Township of Riesenschnauzer
The Free Land of Schnauzer
The Democratic Federation of Schnauzer Dominions

Claim the lands already on the map for those nations already shown, and for the remaining nations of these 20, we seek that open territory west and south of the Schnauzer Dominions, this would include all remaining nations in the schnauzerlands, including Neu Grosseschnauzer. If not all of that territory is available, we would accept what is available and we would then also seek to claim a portion of the territory along the coast adjacent to Scantaria, Schnauzer States, Schnauzer Homelands, Purple Schnsuzers, and Datagensis. (Both are adjacent to existing schnauzerlands territoory.)

The Amazing Race would remain in its current location.
In addition these nations, not part of the schnauzerlands federation would also to be placed on the regional map.

The Protected Nest of Purple Eagles would like to claim the two green shaded islands in the Agrimai Sea to the northwest of Baranxtu.

The Community of The Hurricanes would like to claim the largest island to the southwest of Nimali.

Eshre
Mute

Map 2018

Post by Eshre » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 am

Eshre wishes to claim the land southwest of Jagera and north of Grosseschnauzer.

Krisst
Mute

Map 2018

Post by Krisst » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:30 am

My claim? If it is possible, anywhere, really, at any size

Nordic Republic of Skoden
Ingénue

Map 2018

Post by Nordic Republic of Skoden » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:40 pm

The Nordic Republic of Skoden would like to claim a northwestern portion of Jagera
Last edited by Nordic Republic of Skoden on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comhar
Ingénue

Map 2018

Post by Comhar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm not particular where my nations fit on this map, but here is some guidance for placement if needed:
- Comhar: Similar to Greece with mainland and some islands. This is my largest of my nations.
- David S. Pumpkin: No preference, but I imagine it as a small, landlocked nation.
- Hippy Ice Cream: No preference, but I imagine it somewhere with lots of greenery, medium-smallish.
- The Southernly Isles: Island nation. I imagined it is as southern Atlantic style nation with a short growing season. However, if you only have northern areas available then thats ok too.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer

Map 2018

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:41 am

I previously asked for the location between Sanctaria and Datagenis and the schnauzer states.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Founded in 1837 on Democratic Principals.
- Winner of The IDU Film Festival's BEST ACTOR/ACTRESS AWARD in 2017
- Quarter finalist of the International Democratic Union Football Championship

Ertaland
Mute

Map 2018

Post by Ertaland » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Hey, wondering if i could have a spot. Only preference is that have a coastline.

Comhar
Ingénue

Map 2018

Post by Comhar » Fri May 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Possible map program to use?
  • Go to here: Fantasy Map Generator
  • Click Demo Version, under links.
  • Click purple arrow in upper right.
  • Click load.
  • Upload file that can be found in my dropbox: Dropbox Map File
  • Volia! Blank editable map of IDU.
Program is beta, but looks promising.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sat May 05, 2018 2:02 am

Comhar wrote:Possible map program to use?
  • Go to here: Fantasy Map Generator
  • Click Demo Version, under links.
  • Click purple arrow in upper right.
  • Click load.
  • Upload file that can be found in my dropbox: Dropbox Map File
  • Volia! Blank editable map of IDU.
Program is beta, but looks promising.
Thanks, but I'm almost finished the map on the program I've always been using, so we'll stick to that.

I have noted map requests. I'll get around to them.

Comhar
Ingénue

Map 2018

Post by Comhar » Sat May 05, 2018 3:57 am

Glad to hear you're almost done. For anyone else interested in fantasy maps it's a good resource :)

Laeral
Delegate

Map 2018

Post by Laeral » Sun May 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Comhar wrote:Glad to hear you're almost done. For anyone else interested in fantasy maps it's a good resource :)
Agreed.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sat May 12, 2018 2:07 am

Map updated.

Users who already have land (at least one nation) claims, I did not update. My priority was users not yet represented on the map.

Let me know if any new people were missed or if any newer new people would like a place.

If you're having trouble viewing the above image, please go to this link for the PDF version: http://theidu.us/PDFs/IDUMap.pdf

Ertaland
Mute

Map 2018

Post by Ertaland » Sat May 12, 2018 2:53 am

Sanctaria wrote:Map updated.

Users who already have land (at least one nation) claims, I did not update. My priority was users not yet represented on the map.

Let me know if any new people were missed or if any newer new people would like a place.

If you're having trouble viewing the above image, please go to this link for the PDF version: http://theidu.us/PDFs/IDUMap.pdf
Would it be possible that i could have a spot?

Laeral
Delegate

Map 2018

Post by Laeral » Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 am

I like how the resolution is higher on the pdf than I've seen in past. I can zoom in and see individual cities and rivers, which is nice. Would it be possible to add in the cities and rivers within Laeral?

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer

Map 2018

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat May 12, 2018 7:59 pm

My spot is missing.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sat May 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Laeral wrote:I like how the resolution is higher on the pdf than I've seen in past. I can zoom in and see individual cities and rivers, which is nice. Would it be possible to add in the cities and rivers within Laeral?
Yes, that's the benefit of doing maps with vectors - even if it's much harder than raster based models like GIMP or Paint.NET.

If you tell me cities, I'll add a couple. I don't want to have it too cluttered. The rivers and lakes were worked out eons ago, so I don't feel comfortable adding any more, as there are eco- and geological reasons for the rivers that are there at the moment.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sat May 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:My spot is missing.
Yes, because that's a massive spot and I'm not giving it to one nation who is (relatively) new to the IDU. That space can make up 3/4 other nations.

There's a space beside Laeral, High Fells, and Bears Armed, or else if you want a coastline, I can give you a space on the other side of Democracy Bay opposite Grosseschnauzer.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sat May 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Ertaland and Osirisa/Hazel Islands have been added to the map.

The svg isn't updating (I know why, I just can't be bothered to fix it tonight) but the PDF *is* updated, so use that to look for a place to claim.

svg and PDF (PDF is still better) both updated.
Last edited by Sanctaria on Sat May 12, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Writer

Map 2018

Post by Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sun May 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:My spot is missing.
Yes, because that's a massive spot and I'm not giving it to one nation who is (relatively) new to the IDU. That space can make up 3/4 other nations.

There's a space beside Laeral, High Fells, and Bears Armed, or else if you want a coastline, I can give you a space on the other side of Democracy Bay opposite Grosseschnauzer.
IM sorry you thought I meant the whole thing. Just the smaller top portion.

Sanctaria
Site Admin

Map 2018

Post by Sanctaria » Sun May 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:IM sorry you thought I meant the whole thing. Just the smaller top portion.
Someone else has enquired about that spot (two people actually) so I'd rather not make a decision at this moment. One of those people had a claim for that spot going back a number of years so I'm hesitant to make a call one way or the other - I'd rather not give it to anyone until I absolutely have to.

Is there another spot we can offer you? As I said in the previous post, there's a space between Laeral and Bears Armed, or if you want a coastline, I can offer you the space above Gonhog, or else opposite Grosse on the other side of Democracy Bay.

EDIT: or the space between Ertaland and Paradica. There's a couple islands there too I can throw in.
Last edited by Sanctaria on Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.